Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Oxford blogs begin...

I am going to Oxford University this summer to attend their study abroad program with about 30 other students from NC State. I went to the orientation meeting tonight for all study abroad students and then we went to a meeting for all the Oxford students only. It started raining on the way to the meeting and, of course, I didn't have an umbrella with me, so I got soaked. The irony of the situation hit me.. I was walking thru the rain to attend a meeting about going to spend my summer days in a country that is known for being rainy year round, instead of in my blessed sunshine. I had to laugh. At least it was warm outside.

We were told to keep a blog about our trip to keep everyone back home updated on our travels so I guess this is the first of many to come. I can't wait. Gonna have to start a countdown once I book my ticket. Watch out UKer's... here I come!

1 comment:

  1. So will you be able to watch the Sox play while you are there? LOL

    ReplyDelete