Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mornings

I have never been a morning person. Ever. This could just be the way I am built. It could be because,when I was a child, my mother used to wake me up singing like a cat in heat. It could be because I have always had a busy lifesytle and simply have never gotten enough sleep. Whatever the reason... mornings are not my friend. One of the best gifts my kids have ever given me was a coffee maker that has a timer on it so that the coffee is ready when I crawl into the kitchen. No thinking necessary. It's a beauitful thing.

I don't wake up grouchy persay.. unless you mess with me. This is not a good time to ask my questions or for favors. It is not a good time to ask for any kind of conversation because I wake up quiet. Anyone that knows me well knows this is ironic all by itself because I am reasonably outgoing and like to talk to people (hence the Communications major in college). But first thing in the morning? I am famous for saying, " If my house isn't on fire, do not coming knocking on my door before 10 am".

Having said all this, I am taking not one but two morning classes this semester. I am not a sadist. I simply registered late and had to take what was left. The COMM 230 9 am class was wide open. Imagine that * rolling my eyes here*. So I sit in class every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, clutching my cup of java and trying to not yawn because inevitably I didn't get enough sleep the night before since I AM a night person and I can never convince myself to just go right to bed. There's always "one more thing" I need to accomplish. Funny how that "one more thing" is never homework. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm on the opposite end of the scale ~ my downfall is that while I enjoy working at the crack of dawn, I too, stay up way too late!

    ReplyDelete