I am tired.
I’m tired of being tired… and overweight… and achy… and miserable. I'm exhausted but I don't sleep well. I need to exercise and lose weight but I have no drive. I have many of the symptoms of perimenopause. I feel older than I am and I hate it.
So I've decided to do something about it.
My friend, Heather Sefreid, owns Preston Chiropractic and Acupuncture and she has convinced me to try her Standard Process PurificationProgram as a kickstart to my “Taking my health back” campaign.
Since Kevin has his own set of ailments that plague him, he has decided to join me on this journey. This is a huge step for him and us. My husband is a self-proclaimed Pepsi addict and we cannot consume caffeine on this cleanse. As a matter of fact, we can only drink water and green tea and juices made from the fruits and veggies on our list. I came off caffeine a couple of days ago. Kevin was still pounding Pepsi yesterday.
Today is going to be FUN! L
Before beginning our cleanse, we went to see Dr. Heather and she ran some initial test. Turns out I'm having gallbladder issues and my adrenalines were at a critical level. Kevin is anemic and has circulatory issues.
To prepare, I went to the store and stocked up on the fruit and veggies that are on the list.
We've been given several tips to help us through these next 21 days:
- Plan the meals/shakes in advance and prepare the necessary ingredients ahead of time
- Don't let yourself get hungry. If you start feeling empty, put something from the list in your stomach.
- Expect the first three days to be the hardest, especially for caffeine addicts.
- You get to add lean meat on day 11.
- After 21 days, you can eat what you want but most tend to take what they've learned during the cleanse and carry it through their life.
- Most women lose at least 15 lbs. and most men lose at least 20 lbs. during these 21 days
- And so it begins. I will be blogging every day about our food choices and about the effects. i.e. how we're feeling, what we ate, etc.
We welcome you to follow our journey!