Monday, April 11, 2011

Funding for the Run Geordie Run support team

To say that life is chaotic at this moment is an understatement. I am a senior at NC State and it is nearing the end of the spring semester. For me (and most other seniors), this means a time of nothing but studying and finishing projects and attempting to finish out the semester without having a nervous break down. I am also working at Rumley Marketing in Apex as their Social Media Coordinator. I handle all the social media needs for their two main divisions: Encourage Them Ministries and Support Military Spouses as well as Support Military Spouses flagship campaign, Mission Heart Hug.

Having said all that, my true love at the moment is my PR work for the Run Geordie Run campaign. I will fly to California April 26th to meet up with Mark and a member of the support team, Stuart Wheatman. We will spend the 4 days before the official start of the run getting Mark and Stuart acclimated to the weather and the time change. We also have some media appearances we are lining up!

I recently spoke to my church group about helping out with funding for some needs the support team has in regards to accommodations and transportation. This is the slide show I shared with them.
Run Geordie Run PR
View more presentations from Shellimay.

There is a Paypal button on the right side of this blog for anyone wanting to use Paypal to donate $$ to the needs of the support teams. In addition, be sure to go to the Run Geordie Run website and donate to these two charities also. Any monies left over after securing the needs of the support team will be donated to these charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment