Monday, April 11, 2011

Drum roll please...


The Run Geordie Run campaign is starting to pick up speed at a frantic pace. I had just hit the point of wondering how I was EVER going to get everything done when, down from Heaven, floats Ms. Katy Beaver. She heard me speak at PR Day and then again in her PR writing class and she came to me and asked if she could volunteer her services. Her willingness to tackle huge task and the determination I saw in her eyes when she started to tackle her first task as soon as I gave it to her told me we are lucky to have her join the Run Geordie Run PR team.

Per Katy, "I wanted to volunteer my time and energy with the Run Geordie Run campaign because I know the opportunity of working with Shelli Mayfield and being involved with a global campaign, will allow me to gain valuable experience in a 100 day time span. When first approaching Shelli on the topic of volunteering with the campaign, I was eager to do anything for her and the campaign. I thought that I would be lucky to staple papers together or make a couple phone calls. But after speaking with Shelli and realizing that she wanted me for the entire campaign and she wanted me to dive in, my expectations were exceeded.

I am so excited to work with such a great campaign, where the idea behind the event is to benefit two charities that have impacted the lives of everyone in the campaign. I can't wait to see the success of everyone's hard work!"

May I proudly introduce my new Assistant Account Executive... Ms. Katy Beaver!

No comments:

Post a Comment