Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ready....set..... WE'RE OFF!

Last night I pulled an all-nighter. As a college student this is not a new phenomenon to me. I am used to going with very little sleep this time of year. Tonight is different. I've been walking around today feeling like I am on the brink of a life-changing experience. It's so surreal it's hard to describe. One would think I would be extremely stressed out but the reality is... I am full of peace. I wanted to say relaxed but then reflected on how busy I have been the last 24 hours and decided “relaxed” wasn't an appropriate description.I had to finish 2 final exam projects, finish packing, and make sure I had everything I would need to make my trip to LA a success.

In 1 hour I will head to RDU and catch a plane to Los Angeles. By 7 pm tonight, I will meet a man that has consumed the better part of my thoughts for a year now. His name is Mark Allison and he is taking on a challenge I personally could never accomplish. Mark is running from Huntington Beach, CA to Coney Island, NY and he's doing it in 100 days. I can't run 1 mile. Hell, let's be honest... I can't run a block without feeling like I need oxygen and a cute EMT ;-) When I volunteered to be his PR agent over a year ago, I had no idea how big this task would become but I have surprised myself in how much I really am able to accomplish when I put my mind to it. It helps that Mark is raising money for charities I can relate to. It also helps that he's from Newcastle.

Tonight, two more Geordies will enter my life . Mark and his publicist, Stu from Tonto Books. If you know about my love for all things Newcastle, you know why this makes me smile. I plan to teach them how to say "ya'll", feed them eat grits and educate them on the finer points of country music. I expect there to be a lot of dialect confusion which should add glee to the shenanigans.

Wye Aye... ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment